Events and Newsletters
Crusader Cards are back for 2020! Ask a student or the office about the discounts.
First Day and OrientationThe first day of school for 2020-21 will be Monday, August 17, 2020. Orientation will be Thursday, August 13th between 5:00 p.m. and 8:00 p.m.
Please print this order form to order this year's Spirit Shirt by August 6th. Orders will be distributed at orientation on Thursday, August 13th.
Plan for Returning to School
2 Timothy 1:7 “For God has not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.”
Dear FCS Families:
I want to begin by thanking each of you for your tremendous support during the unexpected situation we have been navigating over the past months. In spite of the frequently changing information regarding the Covid-19 virus, let us rest in God’s sovereignty and the reality that He is indeed in control. Our peace will not be found in data, guidelines, or procedures.
Our school does want to respond responsibly and reasonably in our approach to reopening. Fayette Christian School is recognized by the state as a non-chartered, non-public school. This designation allows us great freedom regarding our beliefs and our implementation of those beliefs in our teaching. With this privilege comes certain obligations. One of those is that we must follow state and local fire, safety, and health regulations in order to operate.
We have been in collaboration with our local health department. They have made on-site visits to help us formulate an appropriate plan to help ensure a safe return this fall.
We will be operating on our normal 5-day, full-time schedule. The first day of school is Monday, August 17, 2020, for students in kindergarten through 12th grade. Students in prekindergarten 4 and preschool 3 (Monday/Wednesday/Friday session) will return Wednesday, August 19, and preschool 3 (Tuesday/Thursday session) will return on Thursday, August 20.
To minimize exposure and minimize the spread of illness, we plan to take the following steps:
1) Staff and students should self-assess for symptoms of COVID before arriving at school.
2) Students will have their temperature checked at their vehicle prior to entering the school building.
3) Any student who becomes ill (100.0 temperature, vomiting, etc.) will be sent home.
4) Unless medically excused, all staff will wear face coverings (mask, face shield, etc.). When physical distancing is possible, masks may be off in order to enhance teaching.
5) Students will not be required to wear masks; however, face coverings are highly recommended for secondary students. In collaborative learning situations such as a science lab experiment, students may be asked to wear masks.
6) Staff and students will wash their hands and use sanitizer throughout the day.
7) We always want our parents to feel welcome at school. However, at this time we will be limiting access and contact with parents and guests. Any necessary visits should be prearranged with the office.
8) We strongly recommend that students bring their own water bottles.
9) Classrooms will be organized to allow for maximum distancing.
10) We will regularly disinfect all utilized spaces and high-contact surfaces.
We will communicate more information as specific details are implemented and/or if changes occur to the present plans.
These are difficult times for all of us. Our attitudes and responses to this situation will be readily caught by our children/students. Let us be gracious in how we handle disappointments and inconveniences.
We are looking forward to welcoming students back to school!
Larry Fitch, Principal
Enter code JULY2020 to receive 15% off online during the month of July. Free shipping on all online orders over $100 and flat $8 rate under $100.
Visit their website at www.educationalapparel.com
Store hours: 10 a.m. - 6 p.m. Mon.-Thurs.
10 a.m. - 5 p.m. Friday
10 a.m. - 3 p.m. Saturday
- Plan for Returning to School
- May 2020
- April 2020
- March 2020 - COVID-19 Closure
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- September/October 2019
- April 2019
- January 2019
- November 2018
- Summer 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- Summer 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
The Fayette Christian School Golf Outing will be Saturday, September 12, 2020 at the Buckeye Hills Country Club.
Cost is $50.00 per person (includes cart and lunch).
Sponsor a Hole for $50.00 or a Team for $200.00
Tee Off is at 9:00 a.m.
Questions: Call the School Office or Pastor Garren
Delays or Cancellations
If you want to receive text alerts when we have delays or cancellations, please be sure to sign up with Rained Out.
Coming soon... a new way to bless Fayette Christian School...
Our new Wish List on myregistry.com will be up and running soon.
If you would like to bless Fayette Christian School in a tangible way, just check out our wishlist at myregistry.com for specific items that the teachers or administrators would love to use at the school. Items can be shipped directly to FCS and can be tax deductible donations. Check it out!